(post contains affiliate links/Werbung/Markennennung/Beitrag enthält Affiliate Links-not sponsored)
I recently got a silk pillow case for myself because I was looking at some sites how I could take better care of my hair and make it look more shiny and healthy and one thing I have read over and over again was to try a silk pillow case. So in my amazon cart it went.
I had mine for about two or three months now and thought I share my thoughts with you.
Benefits of a Silk Pillow Case
– prevents your hair from getting dry and frizzy from all the tossing and turning at night
– shortens the drying time of your hair if you are going to bed with damp hair
– in my experience straight hair stays longer straight than on a normal pillow case which I think is a really great factor
– it is super cooling in the Summer months
– skin care products stay longer on your skin because silk is a non absorbent material
And of course there are a few small down sides too:
– silk pillow cases cost way more than your average cotton or jersey pillow case
– they need to be handwashed or washed in a gentle cycle with a with a special laundry detergent
I love my silk pillow case and will keep it for as long as possible. And Emilia also loves to sleep on it. I would say it has definitely helped with a super dry area of hair on the back of my head so that alone is the main reason for me to keep using it.