Hello my sweet and sweating friends,
(post contains affiliate links/Werbung/Markennennung/Beitrag enthält Affiliate Links-not sponsored)
how´s it been the so far? I have to admit that I am very happy with nice weather but it doesn´t have to be necessarily hot. My favorite season is Fall cause the air has finally cooled down and freshened up and nature shows its beautifullest colors. I am gonna stick with that. But as long as it is hot we still have to go to work everyday (the fewest can take off the whole summer time) and sweat our butts off.
If you are lucky you have air-conditioning at your office. I work at a listed building which means I have few to no chances of getting an air condition ever. My husband has one at his office but one of his collegues is always freezing so they are only able to turn it on when he is out on appointments. Not the best either. But there is one thing you can do for yourself to brave the heat or maybe a bunch of options. Also while you are dressing for summer it shouldn´t mean you start dressing unappropriate for your work environment. Wearing less and shorter clothing doesn´t help much with staying cool.
How to dress for the Summer Heat
- don´t go bare shouldered or with thin strappy tops (unless you are in a very creative space and people don´t mind)
- make sure your skirts aren´t to short
- dress in looser fitted pieces (you will sweat less when your body can breath between the fabric)
- these are you key materials for summer – silk, chiffon, linen
- wear sandals (if office appropriate and allowed)
- pin up your hair (it helps not to overheat by having your neck free to breath)
- shorts shouldn´t be showing off your buttocks
How is your work environment in the summer months ? Are you a lucky one with AC?
Take care. See you.