Hi my friends,
I am wishing everyone a happy 4th of July today. We are not celebrating this day here in Germany but anyways I have made baked this pretty cake on the weekend. It is totally adorable and so machting with the colors of the flag. Precisley because it is so easy to make it would be a really nice desert for a BBQ.
The dough is the same as I make my sugar cookies with for Christmas but this time you put it all together into a pan. I am also sure the ingredients for this cake bars are sitting on the shelves in every kitchen.
For the dough you need:
– 175 gr. butter
– 2 eggs
– 1 tablespoon vanilla
– 150 gr. sugar
– 330 gr. flour
– 1 tablespoon baking soda
– 1/2 tablespoon salt
– mix the butter and sugar first, add the eggs and vanilla slowly
– add the flour, salt and baking powder
– put the mixture into a baking pan (be sure to put a sheet of baking paper underneath)
– bake for 13 minutes at 190° C
– the dough has to be super soft and raw looking
– let it cool down before you add the frosting
For the frosting (this is something I make a little different every time I need one cause I use what I have):
– lemon zest
– cream cheese
– butter (room temperature)
– confectioners sugar
I didn´t meassure and in my opinion you don´t have to. Just make sure the frosting has the consistency and taste you like. I also put it into the freezer for about 15 minutes before spreading it onto the cake.
Now garnish with sprinkles or M&M´s or chocolate or whatever you like and you have one yummy and delish desert.