Good morning guys,
I am no lover of sweets in general but there are a few sweet treats I make an exception for and chocolate chip cookies are definitely one of them. But let´s make sure they are the right ones. I don´t like crunchy at all, so I am always going for soft and chewy cookies.
Another thing I love about cookies is the versatility. You can make them with seasonal ingredients, with the classics or plain. In the end it is always the same precidure and tastes perfectly good either way.
So here is what you need for a baking sheet full of delicious cookies which ake your house smell like you are living in a bakery.
– 3/4 cup brown sugar
– 1/4 cup sugar
– 1 egg
– 2 teaspoons vanilla paste
– 1 1/2 cups flour
– 1 teaspoon baking powder
– 2 teaspoons cornstarch
– pinch of salt
– 1 cup chocolate chip cookies (optional as you like)
– melt the butter in the microwave
– add the egg, sugar and vanilla paste and whisk together
– add flour, baking powder, cornstarch and salt and stir togethher
– add the chocolate chips
– portion on a plate (I use and ice cream scoop)
– put in the freezer for about 30 to 40 minutes
– preheat the oven to 175°
– put cookie dough onto a baking tray cover with a baking sheet (about 9 per each)
– bake for 12 minutes – I only bake them for 9 minutes to make sure that they are slightly undercooked
I only let them bake for the 9 minutes cause I like them supersoft. Don´t be fooled by the consistency. They will get a lot more solid when they cool down.
Personally I love a cup of coffee with my cookie or nothing. Florian for example eats his with a glass of milk.
Do you love the classic chocolate chip cookie or do you have a special ingredient you can´t renounce.
Thanks for stopping by. Take care. See you.
And make sure you have entered my giveaway. It is your last chance today.