(post contains affiliate links/Werbung/Markennennung/Beitrag enthält Affiliate Links-not sponsored)
it´s been almost 5 weeeks since we are back from Lake Garda and I am finally coming around to write my last travel post in terms of this vacation. Read my Food Guide here and my Verona Travel Diary here.
We checked-in in the afternoon and only hang out by the pool until it was time for dinner. After we dressed up we went down to the Peschiera city centre and had dinner at one of our favorite restaurants.
But you don´t have to be by the pool every day, there are plenty of acitivites you can do around the lake. I have rounded-up some activities we already did or planning for the next time.
What to do:
– visit the surrounding cities (we already visited Garda, Lazise, Sirmione, Bardolino, Peschiera del Garda, Verona, Milan,
– go to the market (there are local markets every day, our favorite one is on Thursday in Barodlino but we also visited the market in Garda on Friday and Peschiera del Garda on Monday)
– play mini golf (we love to go play after dinner, also it isn´t as hot anymore)
– shop ´till you drop (Affi has a huge shopping centre with different Italian stores, also shopping in Verona is great and every little city of course has its own shops)
– bath in the Lake (there are places which don´t belong to the hotels everywhere)
– go wine tasting (I always wanted to do
– visit the Gardaland theme park (I have been years ago and it has evolved so much, there are a ton of new rides so whether you are a rollercoaster junkie or you are visiting with your toddler there is lots of fun for everyone)
– go on a ferry ride to another city
– go to a dinner show (there are two dinner shows available – a Rock´n Roll dinner show and a Medieval Times dinner show)
– rent a boat (only possible if you have a boat license, the lake is huge and the cities can also all be visited by boat so if you are fed up of riding your car give it a try)
– go parasailing (I have done this years ago and for 50 Euro I would say it is totally affordable and you have the greatest view of the lake you will ever get, awesome experience)
This are some of my top recommendations if you want to do a little more than lying by the pool.
If you want to know more what to do feel free to mail me.
Thanks for stopping by. Take care. See you.