I am sharing a family recipe with you today. To be honest we don´t have many recipes in our family which have been passed on by generations, maybe a good handful, but the ones we do have are delicious.
So for today´s Food Friday blog post I am sharing my grandma´s nut cake recipe. It was the only cake she has ever made or could make and we got to enjoy it every weekend but it was awesome. So soft and juicy inside and a chocolatey delight on the outside.
Maybe the trick are the secret ingredients you can find inside the cake – whole hazelnuts and chunks of dark chocolate. Sounds good? You would be surprised how delicious it tastes.
So without no further ado I am sharing the recipe with you.
Grandma´s Nut Cake Ingredients
– 250 gr. of sugar
– 250 gr. of flour
– 125 gr. of butter
– 3 eggs
– 1 package of baking powder
– 250 gr. of hazelnuts
– 250 gr. chocolate chunks
– extra chocolate to melt over the cake
– melt the butter and mix it with the eggs and the sugar until fluffy
– add the dry ingredients until your batter is mixed nicely
– add the chocolate chunks
– pour the batter into a bundt cake tin (every other cake tin would work fine too)
– put it i the oven for 35 to 40 minutes by 180° C
– let the cake cool down and pour the melted chocolate over it
– if you like you can put some hazelnut chunks on the warm chocolate to decorate as well
Check out my recipe tab for more great dishes/sweet treats/drinks here.
See you tomorrow for round two of my #closetchallenge.