Food Friday – carrot cake with white chocolate cream cheese frosting for Easter….
Hi guys and happy Friday,
the Easter weekend is finally here and I couldn´t be more excited. Having the whole family over tomorrow. Visiting the other part of the family on Sunday. Maybe we get some rest on Monday.
Hope the weather is getting a little better (currently rain and 8°) to hide some eggs outside.
Since everyone in our family is loving my carott cake (the only exception are my parents) I made kind of an Easter tradition out of it. Not sure if I already wrote about it but it was the first cake I have made Florian when we started dating and he loved it ever since so this is our very own Easter tradition.
So put on your aprons, get your ingredients and let´s bake.
– 4 eggs
– 200 grams of grounded almonds
– 250 ml rape oil
– 1 tablespoon cinnamon
– 2 tablespoons baking powder
– 250 grams flour
– 250 grams sugar
– 375 grams carrots grated
– mix eggs, sugar, oil and cinnamon together
– mix in the carrots and the almonds
– mix in the flour and the baking powder
– put the batter into a buttered round pan
– bake for 40 minutes at 180 degrees
– 250 grams white chocolate melted and cooled
– 2 tablespoons lemon juice
– 320 grams butter soft
– confectioners sugar sifted
– 450 grams cream cheese in room temperature
– mix everthing together and let it cool again for about ten minutes until you put it onto your COLD cake
– spread evenly
– 12 marzipan carotts
You could also decorate with colorful candy eggs but I choose these little marzipan carrots to top the cake with.
Are you going to make something on your own for Easter ?
Thanks for stopping by. Take care. See you.