As much as I love to cook I also always looking for an easy way to get a delicous meal and to be honest the most verstatile ingredients to have so are noodles. Not only do they taste great with vibrant red hot pasta sauce and parmesan cheese drizzled all over, noodles can also be very yummy when you eat them called in a pasta salad for example.
I have made noodle salad in lots of variations but I never thought of adding cooked chicken to it and let me tell y´all it was deliciuos.
So here are the simple ingredients for a super simple meal that surely doesn´t look like it.
Ingredients for the Chicken Pesto Noodle Salad
– mussel pasta (but you can use any other small pasta)
– chicken breast (you can marinate it with a spice you love but other than that it tastes great in the salad too)
– green basil pesto (I use the green pesto from Barilla as it has the best flavors)
– pine nuts (roasted in the pan)
– feta cheee (crumbled above)
– some parsley for decor
I added the pesto to the fresh and still hot cooked noodles and let it cool. Then I topped it off with the chicken and the rest of the ingredients and voilà. This is super easy and would also work great for a starter if you have guests.
Hopefully you are having a great weekend ahead of you. The weather should be awesome so there are lots of things to do. We are going to have a BBQ with another couple so this is our plan.
See you on Monday.